Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(
At Schwartz Flansburg, we assist individuals who have significant income and liabilities in filing bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. If your income is over the median levels in Las Vegas, Nevada, and you have more than $360,475 in unsecured debt or $1,081,400 in secured debt filing for protection under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code may be the best option for you. Schwartz Flansburg is one of the only firms in Las Vegas, Nevada helping consumers in Chapter 11.
Contact our office in Las Vegas to speak with an experienced lawyer regarding Chapter 11 bankruptcy for individuals and your debt relief needs. We represent bankruptcy clients in Nevada.
For people with higher income and debt, Chapter 11 bankruptcy is often a fantastic way to keep the majority of your assets and significantly reduce your debt. The benefits include:
• Reducing, or cramming home mortgages down to the appraised value of your residential and commercial properties;
• Eliminating credit card debt;
• Turning residential properties profitable;
• Improving your personal financial situation.
Despite these benefits, bankruptcy is not for everyone. At Schwartz Flansburg, we will thoroughly assess your financial situation and explain all your options before moving forward.
Like in Chapter 13 bankruptcies, Chapter 11 bankruptcies include a payment plan based not on how much debt you have, but how much you can afford to repay, or what the Bankruptcy Code calls disposable income. Chapter 11 bankruptcies, however, allow you to control much more of the bankruptcy process, including designing your own repayment plan.
Our lawyers have substantial experience handling debt consolidation through bankruptcy. If Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is right for you, we will explain the process, including how we work to minimize the costs while maximizing your savings.
At Schwartz Flansburg, we are one of the few firms in this part of Nevada to provide Chapter 11 bankruptcy services. This type of bankruptcy is typically known as a “business reorganization” because it involves developing a plan of reorganization to present to creditors. The plan of reorganization is essentially the contract that tells creditors what they will receive through the reorganization. This chapter of the bankruptcy code usually applies to businesses or individuals with a significant amount of debt.
Corporate bankruptcy can be both expensive and time consuming, which is why it is important to have an attorney with experience in Chapter 11 filings. Attorney Samuel A. Schwartz handled a wide range of Chapter 11 matters for large corporations, including Zenith Electronics, United Artists and W. R. Grace & Co. His experience makes our firm especially well prepared to handle reorganizations.
Because of the cost of the fees and complexity of Chapter 11 bankruptcy rules, most cases are filed by businesses. There may be other choices, such as receivership, for companies experiencing cash flow problems. They may seek corporate liquidation under Chapter 7. Our lawyers advise clients about the best financial option for their circumstances.
The steps for filing corporate bankruptcy include the following:
• File the appropriate bankruptcy petition, which also includes schedules of assets and liabilities (including distressed debts), current income and expenditures, contracts and leases and financial statements;
• The automatic stay goes into effect. This means that an injunction called the “automatic stay” is put in place to prevent creditors from pursuing the business for payment without bankruptcy court authority;
• Management of the business is deemed by the court to be the debtor in possession. This allows management to continue to operate the business in the ordinary course;
• Submit a reorganization/repayment plan to the court. The plan is essentially the contract which tells creditors what they are going to receive from the bankruptcy. The plan must be approved by creditors, which is one of the reasons that Chapter 11 filings can become complex.
These steps represent a simple explanation of a complicated process. For more information, Las Vegas businesses seeking debt relief through Chapter 11 should contact our law firm.
Contact Our Las Vegas Law Firm
At Schwartz Flansburg, we will assess your unique financial situation, ask the right questions and explain the legal and financial alternatives available in clear and understandable language. Contact us to learn more about our bankruptcy practice in Las Vegas.We have Spanish-speaking staff to assist those who communicate best in Spanish.
For a free consultation, please call 702-385-5544 or complete the form on the left.